Need an evening or weekend appointment?
TyneHealth [North Tyneside’s GP Federation] provides patients registered in North Tyneside with the opportunity to book appointments in local Extended Access GP Hubs.
Appointments can be booked by contacting your own GP practice or via the TyneHealth Extended Access Hub number 0191 486 2195 when your GP surgery is closed.
The appointments are provided by local doctors and nurses who work in North Tyneside GP practices and have full access to your medical record. Appointments are currently being offered at the following locations:
- Battle Hill Health Centre
- Collingwood Health Group, (Hawkeys Lane, North Shields)
- Northumberland Park (within Shiremoor Resource Centre)
- Oxford Centre (Longbenton)
- Priory Medical Group (Albion Road North Shields and Tynemouth branches)
- Woodlands Park Health Centre (Wideopen)
You can make an appointment to see one of the following clinicians:
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner (Who can see minor injuries and ailments)
- Practice Nurse
- Health Care Assistant
Longbenton hub opening times:
- Monday 16:00 – 20:00
- Tuesday 17:30 – 20:00
- Wednesday 17:00 – 20:00
- Thursday 17:00 – 20:00
- Saturday 09:00 – 13:00
- Bank holidays 09:00 – 13:00
Please also note that this is not a walk in service and that opening times and services offered at the different venues vary.