During these difficult times the following protocols will be in place at the surgery from Monday 23rd March 2020 until further notice.
The prescription line will now open from 11am until 6pm. We need to do this to open more of our lines up to conduct non face-to-face telephone consultations.
Our online booking service suspended until further notice.
Changes to the appointments on offer
If you have a new cough or feel hot to touch on your chest or back (high temperature) and don’t have any other conditions that you are concerned about, please click the NHS111 self-help link https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
We have put in place a system to try to manage as many problems as we can remotely to reduce the footfall of patients in the surgery.
If any patient has a problem that cannot wait they should contact the surgery and arrange a same day telephone appointment or alternatively submit an e-consult.
Information specific to services
- Cervical Screening (initially booked as a telephone appointment)
- Childhood Immunisations (No change to the booking process for this service)
- Sexual Health – Coil, Implant (initially booked as a telephone appointment)
- Midwife – (No change to the booking process for this service)
- Pill and HRT checks (initially booked as a telephone appointment)
- Chronic Disease reviews – will be carried out over the telephone or video consultation where possible.
The following can be booked, without the need for an initial telephone appointment:-
- Essential Injections e.g. Antipsychotic , B12, Depo, Prostap, Zoladex
- Post-natal examinations & 6 week baby checks
- Urgent Swabs requested by a clinician
- Urgent Bloods requested by a clinician (including DMARD monitoring)
- Urgent Dressings
Alternative arrangements will be made for patients requiring interpreting or other supporting services; this is will either be via another agreed remote method or if this is not possible will revert to a booked face to face appointment.
All patients must have been screened for symptoms or isolation prior to booking.
If you want to make an appointment with a Doctor, Advanced Nurse Practitioner or our Practice Nurse, please telephone the main surgery number (0191 215 0141) and speak to one of our Patient Advisors.
We aim to offer: –
- Urgent appointments with any GP and our Advanced Nurse Practitioner within 48 hours of the request
- Routine appointments with a GP of choice and our Advanced Nurse Practitioner within 5 working days
- Pre-bookable routine GP and Advanced Nurse Practitioner appointments (up to 3 month in advance)
- Urgent and routine appointments with the Nursing Team
We now offer online bookable GP appointments and Smear appointments which you can access by registering for online services.
Patients have rights and responsibilities, including keeping appointments.
Missed appointments cost the NHS thousands of pounds every year. Please inform the surgery as soon as possible if you are unable to attend for an appointment. This will help us to make appointments available to as many patients as possible.
We now offer a free text messaging service which allows you to book and cancel any GP appointment at a time that is convenient for you. Please ask a member of our Reception team for more information if you wish to access this service.