Welcome to Swarland Avenue Surgery.
We have a rich history in providing GP and family healthcare services to several family generations in the local community.
“Our aim is to provide highest quality services to our patients with a trustworthy, warm and friendly approach”
We offer a range of services provided by our dedicated, motivated and well trained primary health care team.
As a smaller practice, we offer a personal and friendly service and encourage our patients to take an active interest in their own health care.
If you need to see a Doctor urgently outside normal surgery opening hours please ring NHS 111 on tel: 111.You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation.
Call 111 if:
- you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency
- you think you need to go to A & E or need another NHS urgent care service
- you don’t know who to call or you don’t have a GP to call
- you need health information or reassurance about what to do next
How does 111 work?
The NHS 111 service is staffed by a team of fully trained advisers, supported by experienced nurses. They will ask you questions to assess your symptoms, then give you the healthcare advice you need or direct you straightaway to the local service that can help you best. That could be A&E, an out of hours doctor, an urgent care centre or a walk in centre, a community nurse, an emergency dentist or a late-opening chemist.
Where possible, the NHS 111 team will book you an appointment or transfer you directly to the people you need to speak to.
If NHS 111 advisers think you need an ambulance, they will immediately arrange for one to be sent to you.
Calls to 111 are recorded. All calls and the records created are maintained securely, and will only be shared with others directly involved with your care.
You should only dial 999 for immediate, life-threatening emergencies or following a serious accident.
We have just launched the online appointment facility.
- You will be able to book a selection of GP appointments with the surgery.
- You will be able to cancel appointments that you are not able to attend.
- If the available appointment slots are not suitable online please contact the surgery reception and ask if alternatives are available.
- Currently only GP slots are available online. Please contact reception for appointments with the Nursing and other health care staff.